An account of the controversy in the First Parish in Cambridge. 1827-1829. Published pursuant to a vote of the church.
Data(s) |
28/02/2025
|
---|---|
Resumo |
The present version of the dispute was published by the seceding group. In 1829 the First Parish or First Church (Congregational) in Cambridge split into factions of Unitarian and Trinitarian persuasion. The latter, with the pastor Abiel Holmes, separated to form the Shepard Congregational Society, and continued subsequently under the name of the First Church. The Unitarians continued to be known as the First Parish, though claiming the title of First Church until 1899. Mode of access: Internet. |
Formato |
bib |
Identificador | |
Idioma(s) |
eng |
Publicador |
Boston: T. R. Marvin, printer ... |
Direitos |
Items in this record are available as Public Domain, Google-digitized. View access and use profile at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use#pd-google. Please see individual items for rights and use statements. |
Palavras-Chave | #Holmes, Abiel, 1763-1837. #First Parish (Cambridge, Mass.) |
Tipo |
text |